This site is a public service by the Scott AFB, Airman & Family Readiness Center.
The presence of commercial and external hyperlinks doesn't constitute endorsement by the A&FRC, Scott AFB, AMC, the USAF, or the Department of Defense (DoD), of the external web site, or the information, products or services contained therein.
Eligibility Statement: DoD Personnel & families - including military members, all Service & Guard, Reserve, military retirees, DoD civilians, NAF personnel & immediate family members. Other uniformed services include US Coast Guard, National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration, uniformed State Department personnel, Public Health Service personnel & members of units assigned or attached to a US installation.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: (618) 256-8668
Website is in partnership with: http://www.375fss.com/
5 THINGS YOU CAN DO IN 15 MINUTES THAT COULD SAVE YOU $1500 THIS YEAR.
1. Reduce Your Screen Brightness- By turning down the brightness and contrast by half, you can save 15% off your electricity bill annually.
2. Adjust the Thermostat- Turning the thermostat up or down 3-10 degrees can
save you $150+ per year on your energy bills.
3. Turn Down the Water Heater-Reducing the water heater's temperature by 10
degrees can save you up to $130 between heat lost and reheating costs.
4. Renegotiate Prices for Services- Although most companies focus their efforts on advertising discounts for new business, existing customers can receive price cuts as well. In many cases, all you have to do is call up your service providers and ask if they have any better deals to offer.
5. Automate Early Bill Payments- Setting up your bill payments so they occur as early as possible will not only help you save money on late fees, you can also save a bundle on interest and may also be able to receive discounts on your services.
HOW TO SAVE HUNDREDS ON TRAVEL WITH ONE WORD!
Seth Kugel, author of the New York Times Frugal Traveler blog, has so much wonderful advice on how to travel abroad without breaking the bank. Not only does he suggest signing up for email alerts from airline companies and being flexible with your travel dates, but Seth's big travel secret was the "consolidator." Do a Google search for your destination, plus the word "consolidators" and you'll find dozens of websites that offer special deals with the airlines to certain locations, and that's where you'll often get the cheapest deal.
13 Things That Make Your Monthly Bills More Expensive Does it
ever seem like your monthly bills are out of control, even though you feel like you do everything in your power to keep them low? Well here's a little checklist of things you may not be doing that
you should get on doing immediately to consistently save money:
Website of the Week: Wimdu: If you're traveling soon and looking to book accommodations that are arguably better and potentially cheaper than hotels, you'll want to take a look at this week's featured site of the week.