This site is a public service by the Scott AFB, Airman & Family Readiness Center.
The presence of commercial and external hyperlinks doesn't constitute endorsement by the A&FRC, Scott AFB, AMC, the USAF, or the Department of Defense (DoD), of the external web site, or the information, products or services contained therein.
Eligibility Statement: DoD Personnel & families - including military members, all Service & Guard, Reserve, military retirees, DoD civilians, NAF personnel & immediate family members. Other uniformed services include US Coast Guard, National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration, uniformed State Department personnel, Public Health Service personnel & members of units assigned or attached to a US installation.
Contact us at: email@example.com
Call us at: (618) 256-8668
For all TAP related inquires please e-mail 375FSS.AFRC.TAP@us.af.mil
Website is in partnership with: http://www.375fss.com/
There are many public and private schools in the local area serving federally connected children of Scott personnel. Children of sponsors who live on base attend Mascoutah District 19 schools.
Both on and off base, your child's school will be determined by where you live.
There are many unique issues for federally connected students transitioning to new schools. To make an informed decision, choose a home within the boundaries of a school district that will support your child's academic and psychosocial emotional needs. Once you have secured a place to live, visit the home page of your school to find out starting dates, events, vacations and more. Be aware of two military-specific school code allowances:
1. If you live in temporary quarters and have proof that you will live in a particular school district within 60 days, your child may attend school in that school district without having to pay
2. If you live off base and must move on base due to military orders, your child may continue to go to school in your original school district for the duration of those orders. For more information, contact the Scott School Liaison Officer, Cynthia Doil, at 256-9595.
In order to register your child in a school in Illinois you will need the following
- Proof of Residency (Most districts require two)
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Health Forms (Illinois Health Physical Form, Dental Exam Form, vision Exam Form and Immunizations)